Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of California, Davis University.
Effective leaders know how to adapt to various situations and challenges within an organization. Whether your team is new, transitioning through change, or is under pressure to perform, choosing the correct leadership approach is vital. The Leadership Program from the UC Davis Graduate School of Management (GSM) gives you the frameworks to do this. Guided by the Situational Leadership Model, the program offers an experiential learning process whereby you’ll get the opportunity to lead a fictional team through a number of different scenarios while assessing your role within that environment. The curriculum focuses on three key areas: the self as a leader, leadership as a relationship with your team, and the environment in which teams are situated. Through these lenses you’ll develop practical strategies to build trust, lead through times of change and crisis, and motivate your team to reach their objectives.
The UC Davis Graduate School of Management Leadership Program was recently ranked as one of the top leadership certificate courses in the U.S. by CIO.
Who should attend?
Is this program for you?
This leadership program is designed for professionals who want to enhance their careers, as well as those who are aspiring to step into a management or leadership position. It would also be beneficial to established managers or team leads who are looking to take on more responsibility, further build their teams, or develop their individual leadership style. The situational decision-aid you’ll walk away with is a useful tool for anyone who wants to align their leadership approach with the needs of their team and organization.
Learn to inform your leadership approach as you work through the weekly modules of this online program.
Welcome to your Online Campus
Situational leadership: An organizing framework
Leadership and personality
Leadership and communication
Understanding leadership as a relationship with followers
Leading in times of crisis
Creating a situational leadership decision-aid
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks Excluding orientation
- 7–10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Develop your leadership skills and earn an official certificate of completion from the UC Davis Graduate School of Management.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the program handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the program.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the program, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this program, you’ll walk away with:
- A situational leadership decision-aid that you can use to guide your leadership approach.
- Practical leadership skills needed to motivate a team toward achieving business goals.
- The ability to apply personality theory to different leadership scenarios.
- Valuable insight from leadership experts, empowering you to overcome organizational challenges and drive team success.
- A certificate of completion from a highly ranked business school as formal validation of your leadership abilities.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...