Health Communication: Strategies for Impact and Success
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from Stanford University.
Gain the essential skills to communicate accurate health information in an effective way, across a range of audiences.
Who should attend?
This online short course is for you if you want to:
- Improve the way you relay healthcare information and manage conversations as a communications professional in the healthcare industry
- Enhance your presentation skills as a doctor, healthcare, or science worker to deliver technical information in an understandable and engaging way
- Accurately communicate health information to the public, and discern medical and scientific facts as an individual within media or communications
Over the duration of this online short course you’ll work through the following modules:
Module 1 Introduction to foundational communication skills
Understand the foundations of effective health communication, and learn the skills required to build strong and trusting relationships.
Module 2 The health information ecosystem
Discover where information comes from, how it spreads, and why false information travels faster and farther than the truth.
Module 3 Medical and scientific presentation skills
Explore tools for effective presentation delivery and learn how to connect with an audience.
Module 4 Navigating challenging conversations
Discover the communication skills that are essential when conducting challenging conversations.
Module 5 Interacting with the media
Explore strategies for communicating more effectively via the media.
Module 6 Putting it all together
Explore the power of improvisation to improve your health communication skills.
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks excluding orientation
- 6–8 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
On completion of this course, you'll walk away with:
- The fundamental principles of effective communication, enabling you to analyze the accuracy of medical information and become a reliable source of knowledge.
- The skills to communicate scientific information through impactful presentations that resonate clearly with a broad range of audiences.
- An in-depth understanding of the health information ecosystem, with the relevant media skills to interact effectively in this space.
- Strategies to navigate challenging conversations around health information, and facilitate productive exchanges with colleagues, patients, the public, and on social media.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...