All available course dates
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from Stanford University.
Exercise has been shown to relieve symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression, and help manage various diseases, 1 yet only one in four Americans is meeting the recommended levels of physical activity. 2
The Exercise Physiology online short course from the Stanford Center for Health Education (SCHE), part of Stanford Medicine, explores the fundamentals of physiology and builds on this foundation to foster a holistic, scientific knowledge of exercise and wellness. Over the course of six weeks, learners will gain an understanding of exercise science and the impact that physical activity has on slowing the trajectory of aging and improving general health. Throughout the course, learners will gain the skills needed to critique training programs, and suggest improvements to various physical environments, such as work spaces, schools, and cities, to improve health and wellness.
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
The nature of this course ensures that it’s applicable to professionals working within both the wellness and healthcare sectors. Learners will discover methods for improving the health and athletic performance of individuals, no matter their age, through an understanding of how different bodies react and adapt to the stresses of exercise. Professionals within the healthcare industry will learn about the impact that physical activity has on disease management. Those within the health and wellness industries will gain the tools needed to help their customers and patients achieve their fitness goals, whether that be weight loss, physical strength, enhanced performance, or healthy aging.
Learn how the body reacts and adapts to exercise as you work through the weekly modules of this online short course.
Welcome to your Online Campus
Exercise physiology essentials.
Physical activity across the lifespan.
Health, disease, and physical activity.
Environmental stressors and performance.
Exercise for the individual.
Designing systems for wellness
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks Excluding orientation
- 7–10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Gain an in-depth understanding of exercise physiology and earn an official certificate of completion from Stanford Center for Health Education.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- An understanding of how the body reacts and adapts to exercise, and ideas on how to enhance movement opportunities in the modern world.
- Insights into how exercise can affect health and slow the trajectory of aging.
- The knowledge of how physical performance is affected by environmental stressors.
- The ability to provide input and feedback on tailored training regimes.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team