Defining the Leader in YouCorporate Education Group
Defining the Leader in You
All available course dates
Defining the Leader in You
During this course participants will experience a blend of team application exercises, online research, and investigative exercises to define and enhance their inner leader. This course focuses on building a strong foundation of leadership skills that will enable participants to achieve their personal development and professional objectives.
Who should attend?
Participants who will benefit from this course include recently promoted managers and other high potentials ready to foster the leader within and build a foundation for professional excellence.
- Build a strong foundation of skills that will bring out, define, and enhance your inner leader.
- Get results through your direct reports and peers.
- Continue to evolve yourself and others as the business changes.
Prior to the course, a prework assignment book is sent to participant. Estimated Time Commitment: 2-4 hours.
Module 1: Let’s Get Started
- Welcome, Introduction, and Objectives
- Receiving and Providing Guidance
Module 2: What Is Leadership?
- Roles of the Leader
- Key Skills and Knowledge
- Leadership vs. Management: What’s the Difference?
- You Expect What?
Module 3: Understanding and Using Your Leadership Style
- DiSC® Styles
- Flexing Your Style
- Potential Pitfalls
- Understanding the Disc Dimensions
Module 4: Leader as Communicator
- Communication Model
- Key Skills
- Communication Challenges
- Listening: Top Three
- Virtual Communication
Module 5: Getting Work Done Through Others
- Situational Leadership
- The Challenge of Matching
- Delegating a Task
Module 6: Accountability and Trust
- Holding Yourself and Others Accountable
- Building and Sustaining Trust
- Trust and Accountability
Action Planning and Additional Material
- Create Your Personal Action Plan
- Light Bulb Sheet
- About Disc
- Tips for Communicating Using Disc as a Reference Point
- Listening Self-Assessment
- Meet with your manager to review what was learned in the course and your action plan
- OPTIONAL: Group Coaching Sessions
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Contact Corporate Education Group via the information request to inquire about course fees.
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) delivers talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to transform organizational performance. From assessments to advisory consulting, program design, training delivery, and measurement, we identify the right solutions to unlock business value....
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team