Data Science for Business: Building a Data-Driven Organization
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from Rice University.
Gain the decision-making skills and strategies to drive the adoption of data science in your organization or team.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This Course Is for You If:
- You’re a manager responsible for driving performance and want to remain relevant by implementing data science in your business.
- You’re looking to improve your data literacy and develop the hybrid skill set needed in a data-driven, digitally-ready organization.
- You're a professional leading digital transformation or implementing innovative data-driven solutions in your business.
There are no technical prerequisites for this online short course.
This course is nontechnical in nature and aims to equip you with an understanding of data science and how to implement an analytics strategy within an organization. The focus is on decision-making skills and strategy rather than on the technical details of data science or analysis.
The Importance of a Data-Driven Foundation
Learn how to use data to make better organizational decisions.
Identifying the Business Opportunity
Learn how to articulate a data-driven business project for different functions across an organization.
Building the Organizational Data Pipeline
Learn how to effectively collect, prepare, and explore data.
Learning from Data: Discovering New Insights With Analytics
Effectively analyze data to resolve business problems.
Turning Insight Into Action: The Pilot Phase
Trialing a data-driven solution in an organization.
Engaging Stakeholders: Operationalizing and Optimizing Solutions Across an Organization
Initiate data-driven solutions across your business.
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks excluding orientation
- 7–10 hours per week, entirely online
Certification / Credits
You'll Walk Away With:
- The ability to develop a data-driven culture and implement data science solutions in your business.
- The means to effectively collect, prepare, and explore data and apply actionable insights across your organization.
- An understanding of the tools and technologies driving industry disruption and how data can improve business decision-making.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...