Data Analytics FoundationsWronski Associates
Data Analytics Foundations
All available course dates
Data Analytics Foundations
The Data Analytics Foundations course will prepare functional managers, business practitioners and analysts to follow a 5-step process that guides data analysis and then communicating results to have the biggest possible impact. It establishes a foundation for data-intensive analytic projects that deliver insight, clarity, confidence and sound decision support. As part of the 5-step process, participants will be introduced to the current state of data analytics, data visualization tools and the concepts of ‘big data’.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
The structure of this course assumes no prior experience in statistics or data analytics.
Key topics covered include:
- Data Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Big Data
- Tools and Techniques
Planning a Data Analysis Project
- Establish an analytic objective – the business question.
- Develop an analysis plan.
- Choose an appropriate analytic approach – exploratory, explanatory, confirming, comparative.
- Define appropriate boundaries for the analysis.
- Identify the unit of analysis.
- Create operational definitions for the data.
- Identify and evaluate data sources.
- Determine how much historical data is required.
- Establish a data collection methodology.
- Prepare the data for analysis
- Multiple data sets, Missing data, Data Quality
- Become familiar with the data
- Differentiating analysis of categorical and continuous data
- Descriptive statistics
- Find trends and patterns
- Use data visualizations to communicate findings
- Develop recommendations supported by data
- Frame a business question as an analytics question.
- Create an analysis plan that limits the scope to the core question.
- Collect data that is required – and appropriate – for answering the question.
- Apply appropriate analytic techniques and tools to analyse data, create statistical models, and identify insights that can lead to actionable results.
- Make recommendations, based on the analysis, to address the business.
- Select appropriate data visualizations to clearly communicate analytic insights to business sponsors and analytic audiences.
Why choose Wronski Associates?
Founded in 1984 - Over 35 years of providing innovative and impactful learning and development solutions.
Long lasting client partnerships - Our top ten client relationships average 14 years and our very first client is still a client 36 years later.
Have delivered instructor-led training in 40+ countries on 6 continents, and online solutions in many, many more.
About Wronski Associates
Wronski Associates is the trusted partner for academy-minded companies looking to design and deliver innovative learning experiences that will attract, develop and retain their top talent. They work across all functions but have developed a unique expertise in our ability to...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
New York City