Data Analytics Foundations
The Data Analytics Foundations course will prepare functional managers, business practitioners and analysts to follow a 5-step process that guides data analysis and then communicating results to have the biggest possible impact. It establishes a foundation for data-intensive analytic projects that deliver insight, clarity, confidence and sound decision support. As part of the 5-step process, participants will be introduced to the current state of data analytics, data visualization tools and the concepts of ‘big data’.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more details
- United States of America
Inquire for more details
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
The structure of this course assumes no prior experience in statistics or data analytics.
Key topics covered include:
- Data Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Big Data
- Tools and Techniques
Planning a Data Analysis Project
- Establish an analytic objective – the business question.
- Develop an analysis plan.
- Choose an appropriate analytic approach – exploratory, explanatory, confirming, comparative.
- Define appropriate boundaries for the analysis.
- Identify the unit of analysis.
- Create operational definitions for the data.
- Identify and evaluate data sources.
- Determine how much historical data is required.
- Establish a data collection methodology.
- Prepare the data for analysis
- Multiple data sets, Missing data, Data Quality
- Become familiar with the data
- Differentiating analysis of categorical and continuous data
- Descriptive statistics
- Find trends and patterns
- Use data visualizations to communicate findings
- Develop recommendations supported by data
- Frame a business question as an analytics question.
- Create an analysis plan that limits the scope to the core question.
- Collect data that is required – and appropriate – for answering the question.
- Apply appropriate analytic techniques and tools to analyse data, create statistical models, and identify insights that can lead to actionable results.
- Make recommendations, based on the analysis, to address the business.
- Select appropriate data visualizations to clearly communicate analytic insights to business sponsors and analytic audiences.
Why choose Wronski Associates?
Founded in 1984 - Over 35 years of providing innovative and impactful learning and development solutions.
Long lasting client partnerships - Our top ten client relationships average 14 years and our very first client is still a client 36 years later.
Have delivered instructor-led training in 40+ countries on 6 continents, and online solutions in many, many more.
Contact this provider
Wronski Associates is the trusted partner for academy-minded companies looking to design and deliver innovative learning experiences that will attract, develop and retain their top talent. They work across all functions but have developed a unique expertise in our ability to...