Data Analysis for Management
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from The London School of Economics and Political Science
As the world becomes more data driven, future-focused leaders need to develop the quantitative skills to inform corporate decision-making and managerial strategy. Guided by experts from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), this online certificate course empowers you with the knowledge and practical tools to understand, interpret, and communicate data relevant to your role and organisation.
Develop an understanding of how data-driven models can improve your ability to make decisions in a fast-paced world. Over the course of eight weeks, you’ll participate in a capstone project and apply the techniques and concepts covered to extract business insights from a real data set. You’ll also gain experience using Tableau – a leading business intelligence and data analytics software – to visualise and report on insights extracted from data sets.
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This LSE course will equip managers and data analysts in any industry with the skills to make data-driven decisions for competitive advantage. There are no formal prerequisites for this course, but some numerical literacy is advantageous, as well as a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. You’ll be granted a student licence to download and use Tableau free of charge, for the duration of the course.
Expand your skill set to analyse, summarise, and report on insights extracted from data as you work through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
Decision-making under uncertainty
Data visualisation and descriptive statistics
Quantifying risk through probability
Data integrity and statistical inference
Understanding the causes of things
Time series forecasting
Delivering insights through storytelling
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 7-10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Learn to make data-driven business decisions and earn an official certificate of competence from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the course, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- An understanding of data-driven models and data analysis techniques to make better business decisions.
- The ability to interpret data as well as communicate findings and business needs using leading data analytics and visualisation software, Tableau.
- A capstone project that will demonstrate your ability to manipulate, analyse, summarise, visualise, and report on insights extracted from data.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...