Business, International Relations and the Political Economy
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from The London School of Economics and Political Science
In a world defined by globalisation, a rising populist sentiment, and sociopolitical uncertainty – a profound understanding of the global economy is increasingly important for any organisation to identify business opportunities and mitigate risks.
This online certificate course explores the various drivers of global change and the key events that have shaped the evolution of globalisation. You’ll analyse global power shifts, foreign policy, conflict and instability, and the disruptive forces that have influenced the world economy. You’ll learn to identify and maximise business opportunities, while navigating the challenges associated with globalisation. You’ll not only cut to the core of international affairs, you’ll learn to interpret and plan for such changes and use them for your business advantage.
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This course is designed to provide CEOs, managers, C-suite executives, finance and investment professionals, entrepreneurs, advisors, and policy makers with the tools to analyse and interpret the effects of global events on their organisations. Additionally, this course appeals to anyone involved in international business or trade who needs to think strategically about the impact of global events on trade and strategies. It’s also valuable for anyone with a keen interest in current international relations, foreign policy, and the global economy.
Learn to analyse global events and shifts, and anticipate their effects on business as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
The evolution of globalisation
Business, production, and investment in the global economy
Global power shifts
Governing the global economy
Conflict and instability
Responding to disruptive forces
Corporate responses to a changing global environment
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 7-10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Learn about international relations and business and earn an official certificate of competence from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and couriered to you at no additional cost, upon successful completion of the course, as per stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- Practical problem-solving techniques used by internationally respected LSE academics, to adapt and prepare your business strategy for the effects of global change.
- The ability to critically analyse global events from different perspectives in order to make strategic decisions.
- The skills to use your newfound understanding of globalisation to propose an investment strategy for an organisation that wants to expand internationally.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...