Commodity Markets: Products, Trading and Financing
Global interest in commodity markets has significantly increased in recent years, not only due to increased living standards and the associated changes in consumption patterns, but these commodities have attracted a broader range of market participants that are in search of returns and enhanced exposures to a large portfolio of asset classes. Commodities now form an important part of the portfolios of hedge funds and asset managers, among others. Additionally, physical processes associated with these markets such as enhanced processing, genetic modifications to organisms and better risk management tools have provided expanded tool sets to all market participants.
These newer investors have brought benefits as well as complications to these markets in the form of information systems about the financial side of these products, pricing tools based on applications of mathematical procedures, and an increased set of financial assets, including structured products. These changes require market participants to improve their understanding of existing market characteristics and acquire new skills to interact more competitively across markets.
This program is focused on the recognition and understanding of the risks and subtleties of derivatives structures and transactions from the perspectives of the producer, processer and financial institutions. It is designed to equip business and risk managers with the knowledge and skills to fully recognize, understand, assess and mitigate the changing risks as the cash and derivatives markets.
Upcoming start dates
29 May, 2024
18 November, 2024
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend?
- Finance and Accounting staff
- Corporate Risk managers
- Brokers & Dealers
- Fund Managers
- Sales Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Commodity Market Structure and the Corporate Risk Environment
- Market Participants
- Primer on Derivatives: Linear Products
- Primer on Derivatives: Non-linear Products
- Option Pricing and Trading
- Option Trading II
- Technical Analysis Introduction
- Risk Tools and Measurement
- Political and Other Risk Scenarios
Course fee: £4195 + VAT
Certification / Credits
- Review and comprehensively understand cash market processes and procedures
- Develop an understanding of the regulatory structures
- Explain how derivatives and structured products are used to manage risk
- Describe the mechanics of various associated derivative products and collateralization issues and requirements
- Intuitively understand the pricing, hedging, and other issues associated with derivative products
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...