Work With Augmented Reality (AR) and the Web
In this course you will learn how to build AR apps with Xcode and look at the different ways to integrate web content into your iOS apps.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
To successfully complete this course you will need access to an Apple Mac computer or laptop capable of running macOS10.15 and Xcode 12.
Lesson 1:User interaction andhow to save data
- Write and access files within Apps;
- Serialise a data model for saving and loading data from and into Apps;
- Customise tables for adding, deleting andcustomising actions;
- Create custom row actions.
Lesson 2: User input and system controls in Apps
- Displaying alerts, sharing content and sending messages from within Apps;
- Access to the camera and photo library on the device;
- Build custom forms for creating new object models;
- Get complex user input through forms, data collection and dynamic table views.
Lesson 3: Construct an AR App
- Learn how to use the AR app template;
- Investigate AR components and compare their differences with existing components;
- Build AR scenes in 3D space using objects;
- Determine planes and how objects interact with them.
Lesson 4: Interact with an AR App
- Add physics to an AR scene;
- Translation of user input within the scene;
- Introduction to AR Image Recognition.
Lesson 5: Closures and Animation
- Define and use closures;
- Use defined functions: sort, filter, reduce and map;
- Utilise animation for a greater user experience;
- Use UIKit to create animations.
Lesson 6: Communicate with the Web
- Describe requests and responses, and discover how are they built, used and analysed;
- Communicate with API's for existing data sources;
- Use URL components to dynamically query an API endpoint.
Lesson 7: An Introduction to JSON
- Decode JSON and convert into Swift types;
- Integrate with requests and responses from API's.
Lesson 8: Concurrency
- Why do we care about concurrency?
- Issues with multi-threading and the UI;
- How to complete tasks asynchronously.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Curtin University, a partner institute of EdX.
8-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use ARKit to create augmented reality scenes and objects for your apps
- Test and debug your AR app
- Connect to web services to fetch or send info to and from your app
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...