User Experience (UX) Design: Human Factors and Culture in Design
The most successful products and services offer rich and colorful user experiences that take into account social and cultural patterns. Learn how to create excellent user experience (UX) designs which are user-centered and consider factors such as consumer demand, ability and cultural background.
Understanding UX design, or how to design with the user in mind, is not only a requirement for designers, but also a skill product managers and developers should develop throughout their careers. This UX/UI course should help product developers, managers and marketers as well as designers develop unique critical, analytical perspectives in user experience and user interface.Theoretical knowledge of the human factor is at the heart of user-centered design and evaluation. This course will focus around this theme, starting with specific design cases and gradually diving deeper into the newest research findings, taking learners from the simplest to the most complicated studies of user analysis, task analysis, user interface design, cross-cultural design, user experience design, robot and human interaction design, the newest health care and human factor research projects, and more.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Engineering, design, information, communication related major can take this course.
- Week 0: Pre-study or review of the knowledge in calculus and linear algebra, which will be used in this course
- Week 1: Introduction of Human Factors HCI and Human-Centered Design
- Week 2-3: Chinese User Experience Design: Observation of Chinese
- Week 4: Chinese User Experience Design: A Case study
- Week 5: Human-Robot Interaction
- Week 6: Research and Practice at Tsinghua
- Week 7: Final report
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Tsinghua University, a partner institute of Trinity College.
1-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$139
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Concepts of User-Centered Design from a cultural perspective
- Scientific methods behind design and evaluation of everyday design cases
- How to apply knowledge, culture and technology to shape the future of design
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...