Automated Software Testing: Model and State-based Testing
Software testing gets a bad rap for being difficult, time-consuming, redundant, and above all - boring. But in fact, it is a proven way to ensure that your software will work flawlessly and can meet release schedules.
In a two-course series, we will teach you automated software testing in an inspiring way. We will show you that testing is not as daunting a task as you might think, and how automated testing will make you a better developer who programs excellent software.
This second course builds upon the first course's material. It covers more advanced tools and techniques and their applications. Key topics include state-based and web testing, combinatorial testing, mutation testing, and property-based testing.
This is a highly practical course. Throughout the lessons, you will test various programs by means of different techniques. By the end, you will be able to choose the best testing strategies for different projects..
If you are or want to become a five-star software developer, QA engineer, or software tester, join this course. Testing will never be the same again!
Who should attend?
- Familiar with the outline of the first course
- Practical experience with testing
Model-based testing and decision tables
- Create decision tables to represent complex decisions of your software.
- Apply different coverage criteria in the decision table to generate test cases.
Model-Based testing and state machines
- Devise state machines that represent the software system (e.g., web systems) and use them to generate test cases.
- Apply different coverage criteria to generate test cases that cover different paths of the system.
- Understand what pre-conditions, post-conditions, and invariants are, and how to design them in your software system.
Use these contracts to test your software from the “inside out”
Write properties and let property-based testing frameworks generate test cases automatically.
- Understand the key ideas behind mutation testing.
- Apply mutation testing in software systems and discover what parts of your software are not tested enough.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Delft University of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
3–5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The key ideas behind advanced software testing techniques, such as mutation and property-based testing
- The current state-of-the-art in software testing research, such as the usage of artificial intelligence to automate testing activities
- The limitations of current testing techniques, and how todetermine the best testing strategies for a given context
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...