Try It: Intro to Design Thinking
Do you see problems that could be solved through innovative design? Enroll in our no-risk, Intro to Design Thinking course to see how common problem-solving tools used in UX/UI, product management, and technology industries could help you streamline some of the more complex issues you handle at your organization.
Gain the skills you need to tackle issues both big and small through new design methodologies. Throughout this course you learn about:
- Implementing new design tools in organizations
- Applying design methodology to solve the right problems
- Utilizing the flexible, five-stage framework that prevents process rigidity
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand what design thinking is and how you can apply it
- Know how failure can serve as a starting point for innovation
- Apply the five stages of design thinking to solve your problems
This course is a perfect introduction to our Boot Camps, which are designed for learners of all backgrounds and experience levels.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Design Thinking — Failing Your Way to Innovation: We will discuss how common failure happens, and how to reframe our reactions to use failure as an opportunity for innovation.
- Using Design Thinking to solve the right problem:
- An overview of the Design Thinking Methodology
- Exploration of the five stages: empathize, define, ideate, prototype, and test
- Try It: Hands-on activity. Apply Design Thinking to Real World Examples.
Course delivery details
1-2 hours per week
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- What is Design Thinking? The five stages are: empathize, define, ideate, prototype, and test.
- How to use Design Thinking to identify and solve the right problem.
- How failure can serve as a starting point for innovation.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...