Teaching with Physical Computing: Soft skills, Teamwork and the Wider Curriculum
Brought to you by Arm, this course covers all the non-technological elements of Project-Based Learning. This includes soft skills such as gracious professionalism, teamwork, communication and collaboration.
Learn how to become an effective advocate of PBL amongst your peers, and effectively share the benefits with school leadership and parents. You will also learn about common ways of embedding PBL in the formal curriculum and how to utilise available resources to enhance your lessons.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Familiarity with Computing subject knowledge and its practical application, along with basic knowledge of electronics/hardware/boards/sensors.
- The importance of gracious professionalism
- Contexts are key
- Engaging parents (and colleagues)
- Keeping PBL extra curricula
- Issues with cross curricular delivery
- The role of the Senior Leadership Team
- External partners
- Adapting and enhancing the ASP PBL approach
- Classroom investigation
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Arm Education, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Learn about the importance of STEM skills such as teamwork, which are in-demand in the workplace but often deprioritised in education
- Explore some of the important aspects of effective teaching with Project-Based Learning, including engaging and entrusting learners
- Learn methods to communicate the effectiveness of your newly acquired skills and classroom practice to your peers, and to your learner’s parents
- Investigate how to encourage, advocate and organise ‘extra-curricular’ PBL activities, such as hackathons, after school clubs and projects for students
- Find out about the unique ‘Arm School Program’ approach, and how you can uniquely integrate it into your lesson plans
- Finish the course with a classroom investigation, which helps you put your learning into practice
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...