Teaching with Physical Computing: Assessment of Project-Based Learning
Brought to you by Arm, this course focuses on an aspect of Project-Based Learning that teachers often find challenging: how to assess it effectively.
Assessment of PBL can be challenging. In this course, we explore the purpose and methods of assessment, including what educators need to consider when applying both formative and summative assessment tools.
The course also introduces you to the additional opportunities PBL affords in assessing soft skills, such as problem-solving and collaboration.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Familiarity with Computing subject knowledge and its practical application, along with basic knowledge of electronics/hardware/boards/sensors.
- The 'big picture' of assessment
- Language of assessment
- Assessment of PBL
- The methods of assessment
- Question types
- Learning outcomes
- Open questioning and leading thinking
- Classroom investigation
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Arm Education, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Learn how to use assessment in Project-Based Learning to help your learners progress and achieve their potential
- Learn the fundamentals of PBL assessment: from the different methods of assessment and question types to their application in classroom teaching
- Explore how to adopt a SMART approach to assessment, from both a behaviourist and constructivist approach
- Learn how to construct exceptional Multiple-Choice Questions
- Finish the course with a classroom investigation, which helps you put your learning into practice
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...