Sport Analytics: Data Driven Decision Making
Analytics have revolutionized sport, providing a competitive advantage to organizational decision-making both on and off the field. This course introduces best practices utilized in sport business analytics. The course touches on data collection, fact finding, visualization, and metrics that guide strategic decision-making in the sport industry. This course will touch on many aspects of the sports industry, including professional sports.
Through the duration of this course, students will:
- Identify the concepts and characteristics of sports analytics in the sporting industry, historically and today.
- Interpret aspects of analytics in the sporting industry (e.g., the impact of analytics in sport, player data points, performance data tracking, organizational key performance indicators, etc.)
- Comprehend and engage in critical thinking with analytic topics in the sporting industry.
- Obtain a perspective of the growing trend and field of sport analytics.
- Gain insight on the strategies and concepts used to evaluate players, team performance, and front-office strategies.
- Discuss topics related to sport analytics
- Utilize data-analysis techniques to identify problems and propose innovative solutions for improving performance both on the field and in sport management.
Who should attend?
Completion of SPRT1x Sport Management Foundations is recommended.
Introduction to Data in Sport
- History of Sport Analytics
- Sources of Data
- Statistical Techniques
- Tools and Resources
Analytics as a Game Changer
- The Impact of Analytics on the Field of Play
- New Metrics
- Player Evaluations
- Strategic Decision Making
The Business of Sport Analytics
- Customer Relationship Management
- Fan Engagement
- Data Visualization and Storytelling
Evaluating Sport Sponsorships
- Sponsorships in Sport
- Measuring Sponsorships
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Alaska Fairbanks, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Identify concepts in sport analytics.
- Understand the benefits and objectives of sport analytics.
- Discuss the impact of analytics on sport.
- Demonstrate insight on the strategies and concepts of sport analytics.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...