Basic concepts of computer programming are introduced, starting with the notion of an algorithm. Emphasis is on developing the ability to write programs to solve practical computational problems.
Learners will read and understand many sample programs, and will have to write several on their own. This course deals with basic programming, and sets the foundation for solid programming practices for beginners.
This course is part of the Fundamentals of Computer Science XSeries Program:
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Foundations of Data Structures
- Implementation of Data Structures
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Knowledge of high school mathematics is essential and adequate. Exposure to pre-calculus is desirable.
- Elements of C/C++ programming languages
- Basic data types
- Sequential and conditional execution
- Iterative solutions
- Arrays, matrices and their applications
- Sorting and searching
- Elements of string processing
- Introduction to pointers
- Basics of Software Engineering
- File Processing
Course delivery details
This course is offered through IITBombay, a partner institute of EdX.
6-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Basic programming skills
- To write C/C++ programs to solve real world computational problems.
- Good programming practices
- How to handle large and complex programs.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...