Leadership, especially how we nurture and develop our workforce, has continued to evolve over the last many years. While that is a natural phenomenon of organizational development, cataclysmic events such as the recent Covid pandemic pose enormous adaptive challenges for humanity in general, and businesses in particular. No longer therefore is leadership shaping just the course of our businesses, it is now also directly impacting the quality of the lives, and sometimes even the survival, of its people.
Positive Leadership is an organizational approach that fosters a positive culture at work. Positive leaders see positive potential in their people and empower them to live up to that potential. According to Professor of Management and Organizations, University of Michigan, Kim Cameron, positive leadership goes beyond the conventional definitions of leadership by providing “strategies and practices that enable exceptional levels of performance not normally seen in organizations.” High-performance continues to be a strong priority at work, but it is now accompanied with another indicator of success – wellness. Such is the power of positive leadership that it is believed to be a pre-requisite to an enriched and fulfilling workplace, and happier and more engaged employees.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Positive Leadership and its Impact on Employees and Organizations
- Understanding the concept of Positive Leadership; how it impacts employees and organizations.
- Toxic Leadership at the Workplace
- Menacing effects of toxic leadership in organizations; how to identify presence of toxic leadership (with examples); characteristics of toxic leaders; how to counter toxic leadership with positive leadership, and effectively eliminate the toxicity from the workplace
- Must-have Attributes of Positive Leaders
- Specific skills and behaviours that both leaders and organizations must demonstrate to foster a healthy and positive culture at work; examples of real-life leaders who demonstrate(d) positive leadership
- Preparing yourself for Positive Leadership
- Applying the must-have attributes of Positive Leadership into your leadership style.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through State Bank of India, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- What is Positive Leadership, and how it impacts organizations and their people?
- What is Toxic Leadership; how to identify and eliminate it from the workplace?
- What are the characteristics of Positive Leadership?
- How to prepare yourself for your journey into Positive Leadership?
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...