Leveraging Strategies to Address Global Communication Challenges
With rapid globalization and proliferation of social media, businesses and organizations are in face of enormous communication challenges. How to communicate effectively on social media, how to manage social media data analysis as well as handling fake news are definitely at the top of the list.
By seeing challenge as opportunity, this course aims to unfold the communication challenges induced by the rise of social media in business corporations and most importantly, offer solutions to overcome these challenges. In addition, the course serves presents a vantage point to forge an interface of synergy between academics and practitioners to discuss and address global communication challenges. Participants can benefit from meaningful synergy between academics and practitioners as well as learning materials and meaningful multilateral discussions surrounding authentic communication cases and industrial practices engaging both instructors and participants.
In sum, this course provides insights for business leaders, senior managerial members, and communication professionals by discussing the major communication challenges encountered by businesses around the world which in turn, helps the participants to advance their career in the ever-changing communication environment.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Module 1: Effective social media communication
- Social media communication
- Effective social media communication strategies
- Social media engagement
Module 2: Big data analysis
- Emergence and characteristics of big data
- Big data analysis: Its life cycle and challenges
- Application of big data analysis in corporate communication context
Module 3: Handling fake news
- Understanding fake news
- Verifying fake news
- Responding to fake news
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, a partner institute of EdX.
3-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe recent global communication challenges faced by businesses around the world
- Explain global communication challenges from both academics’ and practitioners’ perspectives
- Discuss surrounding authentic communication cases and industrial practices
- Propose solutions in addressing the global communication challenges
- Become effective communicators and critical thinkers
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...