Let's Get Principled: Values, Culture Intelligent Disobedience!
Building on G3., you will learn aboutvaluesanddecision-making, visioning the future,howvalues create culture, and how to beintelligently disobedientwhen the time comes. Remember: know yourself, know others; lead yourself, lead others.
This course will prepare you to become the leader you hope to be by focusing deeply on defining your personal values, setting your personal vision statement for you as a leader, understanding the role values play in every work decision, and how to work with competing values on the big decisions. Purpose motivates.
This course provides an opportunity to think about your values, what matters to you most, and about culture which is the mediator between great leaders and great work. Understanding and working through competing values at work is discussed in Intelligent Disobedience.
Upcoming start dates
30 June, 2023
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Introduction to Course
- Values Culture Introduced
- Building Your Values Portfolio Introduced
- Intelligent Disobedience Introduced
- The Business Case for Values Culture
- The Big Ideas Segue to What are Values?
What are Values?
- Introduction to What are Values?
- Values Defined
- Why Values Matter
- Kohlberg Model of Values Development
- Putting It All Together: Values, Happiness Work and Character Strengths
- The Big Ideas Segue to What is Culture?
What is Culture?
- What is Culture?
- Why Culture Matters
- Values Culture Happiness at Work
- The Big Ideas Segue to Values Culture Applied
Values Culture Applied
- Who in Your Moral Circle?
- Is This the Right Job for You?
- How Culture is Created
- The Big Ideas Segue to Intelligent Disobedience
- What is Intelligent Disobedience?
- Why Does It Matter?
- What If I Lose My Job?
- How When Should I Do It?
- The Big Ideas Segue to Re-Imagining Leadership, Part II
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Maryland, College Park, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- What are values
- Why do values matter
- What is culture
- Why does culture matter
- How values inform culture
- How effective leaders build culture
- What is intelligent disobedience
- Why does it matter
- How to resolve competing values situations
- How to be intelligently disobedience when necessary
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...