Leading in the Digital Age
The Digital Age is here. It is enabling the most comprehensive transformation of our work and personal life in history. The Digital Age promises a more prosperous and fulfilling life for everyone globally. But that promise is only as good as the capability of leaders at all levels of the organization to lead their units to success in a challenging and uncertain future.
Leading in the Digital Age developsa new mindset and fiveSkill Sets needed for success in the Digital Age:
- Leading Beyond the Edges of the leader's unit, organization, geography, and formal authority, enabled by Digital Age tools, to provide innovative solutions to customers and other stakeholders.
- Building Deep Trust Relationships: In the Digital Age, trust replaces formal authority as the basis for leadership.
- Forming and Leading Virtual Teams: The Digital Age relentlessly shrinks time space. Properly formed and led, virtual teams turn this challenge into an advantage over traditional teams.
- Collaborating and Co-Creating the Future with customers and other stakeholders. Multi-organizational value networks formed from a portfolio of relationships are replacing single-company-owned, linear value chains. Leading in this new business model requires a "co-creation skill set."
- Learning Dynamically: The only sustainable competitive advantage in the Digital Age is the capability to learn, adapt, implement, and learn as you go, faster and better than your competitors.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
No previous courses in leadership or organizational behavior are required.
- Leadership Capabilities for the Digital Age.
- Leadership Capability 1: Leading Beyond the Edge.
- Leadership Capability 2: Building Deep Trust Relationships.
- Leadership Capability 3: Forming and Leading a Virtual Team.
- Leadership Capability 4: Collaboration and Co-Creation.
- Leadership Capability #5: Dynamic Learning.
- The Digital Age: Implementing Your Action Plans.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Boston University, a partner institute of EdX.
4-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$399
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
Learning to be an excellent digital age leader is a never-ending journey. Our goal is to help you immediately apply what you learn in this program regardless of where you are in your journey to the digital age or of your level or position in your organization. Using your current workplace challenges, self-assessments, video vignettes, and through discussions with fellow learners and your coach you will learn how to:
- Shift to a Digital Age Mindset
- Work and lead across the edges of your organization
- Build and maintain deep trust relationships
- Form and leverage a co-creation network for rapid, responsive, and continuous innovation
- Form and lead virtual teams
- Lead transformation through experimentation and dynamic learning
- Develop a personal development plan
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...