Introduction to the Internet of Things
Internet of Things (IoT) is the present and the future of technology. Either, if you have none, few or some experience with electronics and you want to develop it projects this course will give you the necessary kick start to start creating amazing devices capable of sensing, controlling physical signals. This course introduces it using Arduino and ESP boards. This is a preliminary course in which we deal, with the basics of electronics and programming. If you already know the basics, then the second part of this course will be of your interest, in which we start creating smart devices.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Very basic knowledge on electronics and programming. We work with a block programming tool to develop programs, so everything has been adapted for students with few programming skills.
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Electronics
- Unit 3: Basic Programming
- Unit 4: Programming Sensors and Actuators
- Unit 5: Project
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Universitat Politècnica de València, a partner institute of EdX.
5-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$50
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Understand the basic concepts of electroncis for programming microcontrollers (digital, analog, PWM, communication buses, timers, etc.).
- To program Arduino and ESP devices
- To read data from ambient and environmental sensors (temperature, humidity, light)
- To control actuators such as a fan, a light or a water pump using a relay
- To display information on LCD displays to print data of your device
- To use buttons and LEDs (and RGB LEDs) to generate a basic user interface
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...