Capstone: Bringing it All Together
In this capstone course we will bring together and apply the five most important components of writing successfully for performance and the entertainment industries, across all the mediums we have covered:
- Understanding story structure, dialogue, character and theme
- Understanding how to work as your own producer with an entrepreneurs mindset
- How to create commercially viable scripts
- How to anticipate audience reception
- How to challenge yourself to work experimentally, and to write outside your comfort zone
You will be asked to reflect critically on your experience as well as to refine your favourite piece of work from the course. We will look at best-practice career tips as well, and review one essential concept from each course.
Upcoming start dates
1 October, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Learners must have completed and verified all 7 prior courses in the MicroMasters program. They can have been studied in any order, but must be completed before undertaking the capstone course.
- Writing for Performance
- Writing Successfully for the Stage
- Building your Screenplay
- Business Success in the Screen Industries
- Digital Platforms in Performance
- Reconceiving space: installation and performance art
- Stand up!: Comedy writing and performance poetry
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Cambridge, a partner institute of EdX.
8-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
This course is the culmination of the MicroMasters program and the learning from this individual course is based upon a consolidation of learning gained from the entire program, specifically:
- Specialised knowledge of histories, forms, and traditions of writing for performance and the entertainment industries as well as the cultural contexts of innovative practitioners and practices within performative writing; of contemporary critical, analytical, and narrative theories of performativity;
- Developed advanced self-management skills to include working in planned and improvisatory ways, as well as the ability to anticipate and accommodate change, ambiguity, creative risk-taking, uncertainty and unfamiliarity.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...