C Programming: Advanced Data Types
In this course, part of the C Programming with Linux Professional Certificate program, you will define your own data types in C, and use the newly created types to more efficiently store and process your data.
Many programming languages provide a number of built-in data types to store things such as integers, decimals, and characters in variables, but what if you wanted to store more complex data?
Defining your own data types in C allows you to more efficiently store and process data such as a customer's name, age and other relevant data, all in one single variable!
This course will provide a hands-on coding experience in a new browser tool developed for this course that will allow you to receive instant feedback on your code. No need to install anything! You will also gain experience with programming concepts that are foundational to any programming language.
At the end of this short course, you will reach the fifth milestone of the C Programming with Linux Professional Certificate program, unlocking the door to a career in computer engineering.
This course has received financial support from the Patrick & Lina Drahi Foundation.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- C Programming: Getting Started For Complete BeginnersDART.IMT.C.01
- C Programming: Language Foundations DART.IMT.C.02
- C Programming: Modular Programming and Memory Management DART.IMT.C.03
- C Programming: Pointers and Memory management DART.IMT.C.04 OR equivalent skills.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Dartmouth_IMTx, a partner institute of EdX.
4-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$79
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Define new data types (structures) to store multiple data items in one variable and create, initialize and modify variables of these new types
- Find and explain the memory usage of a structure and use pointers to structures and the direct and indirect member selection operators to access members of structures
- Create linked lists of structures with dynamic memory allocation at runtime
- Sort or search lined lists of structures
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...