All available course dates
A study of abnormal human behaviors within the diversity of human behavior. Using a Biopsychosocial framework and the DSM-5, the categories of abnormal behavior are explored with explicit consideration to cultural and biological diversity. Students who successfully complete the course will demonstrate their understanding of how physical, psychological, and social factors influence human behavior; the techniques used to identify psychological disorders; and the practical applications of treatment for abnormal behavior.
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Doane University, a partner institute of EdX.
8-12 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Evaluate abnormal behavior from the diversity of normal human behavior.
- Apply DSM diagnostic criteria to identify and differentiate between various psychological disorders.
- Evaluate various influences and causes of psychological disorders.
- Assess and demonstrate various theoretical models for conceptualizing disorders and how they influence treatment.
- Relate knowledge of psychological disorders with current or future occupational needs and practices.
Solutions for Your Biggest Business Challenges:
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team