Discover Power BI's ability to aggregate disparate data for easy reporting, visualization and analysis. Learn about three critical process steps to create the final product – interactive reports and dashboards:
- Data Shaping – retrieving/importing data from multiple sources, shaping and cleaning data for analyses
- Data Modeling – adding measures and custom calculations to expand the analytical opportunities
- Data Visualization – creating the reports, visualizations and dashboard tools for dynamic analysis
Delta’s Power BI course will bring the learner through all three process steps using real-life consumer packaged goods (CPG) data (IRI, Nielsen, NPD, SPINS, Retail Link, internal sources, etc.) and business scenarios that answer CPG-centric Business Management Questions™. By the end of the 18-hour program, the learner will be able to create dynamic and robust reports, templates and dashboards.
This is a structured curriculum with live instructor interactions. The course was designed with consultation from Mike Carlo, a Power BI Microsoft MVP and owner of PowerBI.tips. No more wasting time trying to find the right YouTube video.
- Connect to various types of data sources like Excel, Text/CSV, Databases, and multiple files in a folder.
- Clean up "messy" data with options like Trim, Split columns, Replace errors, etc.
- Convert horizontal data (time across) to vertical data (or long data).
- Merge columns and queries like Excel CONCATENATE and VLOOKUP.
- Append multiple queries to create a single data source.
- Learn best practices for setting up a good data model.
- Create relationships in data.
- Introduce common DAX measures and replicate common formulas used in Excel.
- Apply advanced DAX measures such as CALCULATE, ALL and FILTER to create measures such as: This Year %Mix, Last Year %Mix, Mix Point Change and Mix Value Change.
- Create commonly used time intelligent measures from daily or weekly data: This Year and Last Year (Last 4 Weeks, Last 14, Last 52, and Year-to-Date).
- Add basic visual objects - Text, Images, Cards and Tables.
- Incorporate basic chart visuals - column, bar and line charts.
- Control various formats of values and settings within each object.
- Create drill-down level reporting.
- Develop multiple report pages for extensive business review.
- Publish and share dashboards.
Course delivery details
This course consists of six 3-hour sessions + one hour of 1:1 personal consulting/coaching time.
$1,650 per person.
If you have a group of 8 or more, please contact the provider about discounted pricing and customization.
Why choose Delta Associates?
25+ years, 500+ clients in 50+ Countries
Over 5,000 certified analysts trained
Retail FMCG/CPG experts focusing on Category Management Analytics
About Delta Associates
25+ years, 500+ clients, 50+ countries – We teach retail professionals how to analyze sales and marketing data, find the key insights, and communicate them powerfully and clearly. Most organizations consider data a strategic asset - yet fail to build...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...