All organizations these days have significant data holdings. Leadership wants evidence to support their decision making and they know about the data. They want answers to their questions. Unlocking the value hiding in the data with limited resources is the challenge. Fortunately, Microsoft has been hard at work developing BI capabilities that are laser focused on this requirement. Microsoft Power BI Desktop is an excellent tool for building data models that let you explore and perform analyses with efficiencies you have only dreamed about. It really is that good. You will learn how to effectively transform raw data into a workable format and disseminate that refined data throughout your organization.
Upcoming start dates
Contact provider for more information.
Who should attend?
Power BI Topics Covered Module 1: Introducing Power BI
- What is Power BI?
- What does self-service BI really mean?
- What are the different products and forms of Power BI?
Module 2: Getting Power to the Desktop!
- Installing Power BI Desktop
- Learning the interface
- Configuring Power BI Desktop
Module 3: It’s All About the Data
- Understanding your data
- The ins and outs of relational data, DAX
- The joys of CSV
- Importing/loading data
- Organizing the stuff
- Pivoting data
- Direct connection to your data
- The cloud as a data source
- Unique data access needs? Let’s talk API!
Module 4: Now You See It
- Working with data
- Working with data from multiple sources
- Modeling data
- Relational data and DAX revisited
Module 5: Efficient Reports and Visualizations
- Creating Power BI reports
- Creating a Power BI Dashboard
- Managing a Power BI solution
- Access to outputs: Sharing and Controls
Why choose BBLN?
In operation for over 20 years, Building Blocks takes a consultative approach to customer engagement to deeply asses the needs. We offer a variety of options for consideration.
All of our instructors have a minimum of 20 years of teaching experience using adult learning theory.
We can proudly say that our customers routinely say we exceeded their expectations and in doing so, we offer many benefits that are included in the service and pricing.
Contact this provider
Building Blocks Learning Network
Building Blocks Learning Network (Building Blocks) is a training company with over 20 years of experience in Adult Education. Our specific expertise includes professional development in the areas of Executive Leadership, Management and Leadership, Coaching, Policy Development, How Government Works,...