Free Webinar: Stand By Me: Building Ally Skills at Work
Aril 11, 2022 | Noon to 1:00 p.m. EST
In simple terms, an ally is someone who stands up for the equitable and fair treatment of someone who is different from them. Anyone can be an ally for a marginalized or vulnerable group; it involves actively listening and learning about others’ experiences, as well as taking action to end discrimination. Allyship hinges on embracing a learning mindset and a willingness to question your assumptions, evolve your thinking, and owning your mistakes.
In this webinar, we’ll explore the relationship between inclusion and belonging, reflecting on dimensions of diversity that have shaped our personal access to opportunity. We’ll investigate the concepts of power and privilege through a relational lens, identifying concrete steps we can take to interrupt bias and address injustice. Lastly, we’ll delve into real-life scenarios involving micro-aggressions and discrimination, brainstorming ways that allies can take action.
Key topics covered:
- Define key terminology related to allyship
- Make a connection between belonging, engagement, and productivity
- Articulate what it means to act as an ally to a marginalized group
- Explain how bystander behavior contributes to bias and exclusion
- Identify concrete actions that allies can take in addressing bias and discrimination
- Brainstorm inclusive actions an ally could take in real-life scenarios
Inquire for pricing.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...