While Canada is a nation of diversity, we have much work to do to ensure that in our workplaces everyone is welcomed and accepted, and their differences are valued as strengths. In many workplaces today, leaders and employees face the challenge of working with and managing people from five different generations in the same work environment. This course will help you gain insight into the key influences and overall characteristics of people in different age groups. Understanding the foundational issues related to ageism and youthism through an intersectional lens will help participants to situate the multi-generational workplace within the context of creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces. Participants will also learn practical approaches and strategies to help create a positive work environment that is sensitive to and builds upon the diversity of employees from diverse age groups and backgrounds to transform their workplace into a welcoming, equitable, and inclusive space.
Upcoming start dates
Contact provider for more information.
- North America
Who should attend?
- Reviewing the key influences and characteristics of each generation
- Examining how generational characteristics impact mindset, lifestyle and work habits
- Understanding ageism and youthism and how to avoid age-based assumptions and stereotyping, and how to consider the viewpoints of each team member
- Learning how to collaborate with and appreciate the unique preferences, habits, and behaviours of colleagues who grew up in different times or circumstances than ourselves
- Looking at the various generations through an intersectional lens and anti-oppressive approaches to inclusion
- Learning how to contribute to inclusive workplace culture and create a welcoming environment
Course delivery details
This program is a facilitated session to engage participants through presentations, guided discussions, and exercises.
Why choose BBLN?
In operation for over 20 years, Building Blocks takes a consultative approach to customer engagement to deeply asses the needs. We offer a variety of options for consideration.
All of our instructors have a minimum of 20 years of teaching experience using adult learning theory.
We can proudly say that our customers routinely say we exceeded their expectations and in doing so, we offer many benefits that are included in the service and pricing.
Contact this provider
Building Blocks Learning Network
Building Blocks Learning Network (Building Blocks) is a training company with over 20 years of experience in Adult Education. Our specific expertise includes professional development in the areas of Executive Leadership, Management and Leadership, Coaching, Policy Development, How Government Works,...