Conflict Management and Negotiating Skills - UK-OAG230
This course covers ways to interact more effectively with stakeholders and managers to handle conflict more productively, build stronger relationships, and deliver reports that are valued and achieve firm agreement to act. It also allows benchmarking and best practice sharing with peers.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
Internal and external auditors, regulators, compliance, and risk management professionals.
- Fundamentals of Internal Auditing
You will learn how to identify and defuse conflict as it emerges, strategies to turn events positively to improve relationships, and ways to carry your audit and advisory engagements to a positive conclusion despite differences of opinion.
- Getting audits on the audit plan
- How to demonstrate and audit has value
- Understanding management views
- Getting proper stakeholder buy-in to the focus of an audit
- Proven approaches to obtain management attention
- Dealing with difficult issues during assignments
- What is enough evidence?
- When/how to raise issues
- What should be achieved at the meeting?
- What must be done in advance?
- How many should attend?
- What if disagreements arise?
Other stakeholder management skills:
- Building an informal network
- Having a stakeholder map
- Thinking more about how to write e-mails
The elements of effective negotiations:
- Understanding what is valued and what is not
- Thinking about constraints and agendas
- Managing meetings with senior leaders
- What is a suitable frequency?
- What are other hallmarks of a good meeting?
Overcoming being ignored:
- Why does this happen?
- What to do about it
Understanding organizational and political constraints:
- Taking a step back to understand other factors that can affect relationship
- Advisory work
- Attending committees
Coaching your audit team to become better at influencing and stakeholder management:
- Recognizing the role of all staff to manage
- Explaining warning signs that can alert you to
- bigger issues
- Sharing challenges and considering approaches to high stakes meetings
Certification / Credits
Completion of this course is worth 16 CPE Credits
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...