A Comprehensive Introduction to ACL™ Analytics
This course provides the fundamentals, covers the data analytic phases of importing data, preparing data, analyzing data and reporting results. It also covers basic scripting showing how to automate analytic routines with ACL Analytics. This course will also prepare you for level 4 of the ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA) exam.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
New and beginner users. This is a very thorough introduction, so it is the best way to get started with using ACL. Self-taught users often attend the course to learn what self-study cannot accomplish.
- Data concepts
- ACL Analytics – environment and user interface
- Best practices
- Phases of data analysis
- Expression overview
- Word searches
- Computed fields–unconditional and conditional
- Function overview
- Locating and acquiring data
- Importing fixed width files
- Importing delimited files
- Importing excel files
- Importing print image report files
- Importing pdf files
- Importing via ODBC
- Re-using prior import statements
- Understanding integrity
- Testing for validity (corrupt data and correct field definitions)
- Testing for controls
- Testing for date and character bounds
- Testing for quality and completeness
- Testing for missing items
- Testing for duplicates
- Testing for reasonableness
- Testing for calculation errors
- Grouping data (identifying category totals and trends)
- Reordering (sorting) records
- Isolating data (creating data file sub-sets to improve efficiency and track results)
- Combining data (stacking common files on top of each other and linking files on one or more common key fields)
- Creating documentation reports for working papers
- Printing reports
- Exporting to other file types, such as Excel
- How to access ACL's GRC results lite module where exceptions can be tracked, distributed and monitored
- Visualizing results in graphs
- Introduction to automating analytic routines with scripts
- Working with variables to allow scripts to run against future data
- Scripting interactions that prompt for user input when a script is run
Course delivery details
Bring this course to your organization at your convenience. ACI Learning can deliver this instructor-led course for your team at a chosen location or virtually. Alternatively, choose the topic(s) you need and ACI will craft a training solution to keep your team future-proof.
Certification / Credits
NASBA Certified CPE: 24 Credits Auditing
Risk and Compliance Certificate
What You'll learn
This course provides the fundamentals, covers the data analytic phases of importing data, preparing data, analyzing data and reporting results. It also covers basic scripting showing how to automate analytic routines with ACL Analytics.
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...
Average rating 4.8Based on 17 reviews.
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team