Requirements development is hard. Major requirements problems remain, especially on larger projects, even when basic requirements development and management practices are effectively used. Part of the problem is that requirements development is less about technical activities like specifying and analyzing and more about messy human activities like teaming, discovering, communicating, and negotiating. Human factors get in the way of efficiency. High precision is unnatural to many people. Ambiguous communication is the rule, not the exception.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
This workshop surveys more than 50 safety tactics that you can use in any combination to develop a requirements risk management strategy tailored to the dangers in your situation. By practicing some of the safety tactics and experiencing their impact firsthand you will learn about tactics for avoiding failures, mitigating the impact of defects, minimizing communication problems, and monitoring status as well as tactics for staffing, planning, and preparing for requirements risk management.
- Understand the nature of requirements risk and the need to control it
- Avoid requirements-based failures by reconfirming needs and feasibility, managing customer expectations, prioritizing requirements, and incrementally committing to a project
- Mitigate the impact of requirements-based defects by requiring frequent demos, decoupling vision from build, and building in multilane cycles
- Minimize communication problems using rich definitions, algebraic formulas, spec patterns, and picture requirements information
- Monitor requirements status by tracking requirements instability and growth, the accuracy of assumptions, and stakeholder participation
- Identify unclear, imprecise, and missing information using requirements analysis and reviews with stakeholders
- Staff for requirements development by building a cross-functional team and practicing team success factors
- Plan for requirements risk management by eliciting meta-requirements, by brainstorming risks, risk indicators, and root causes, and by developing a requirements risk management strategy
- Prepare for requirements risk management by formulating a baseline requirements development process, providing tools, developing defect and root cause profiles, and conducting requirements retrospectives
Inquire for costing.
Why choose Velocity Knowledge?
Customized training programs for every organization
Industry-proven instructors, consultants, and experts
Efficient learning methods for your unique business objectives
Contact this provider
Velocity Knowledge is an Enterprise Education Provider made up of qualified educational professionals who have survived the budget cuts, lived through the training wars, adjusted to industry changes, and learned what it is that customers are looking for. Velocity Knowledge...