- Know the causes of difficult conversations
- Know how to prepare for difficult conversations
- Be able to apply proven communication techniques so that difficult conversations go more smoothly.
- Know how to use four helpful communications styles and avoid four harmful styles.
- Know how to handle the sometimes emotional issues that come up in performance appraisal conversations.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
- Opening – Discussion
- What kinds of difficult conversations would you like to improve?
- What are some of the causes of difficult conversations?
- Difficult conversations defined
Three types of Difficult Conversations in the Workplace
- When you need to deliver bad news
- When the conversation unexpectedly takes a turn for the worse
- When one of the parties is verbally aggressive
Steps to Improving Difficult Conversations
- Approach them with greater self-awareness.
Activity: Giving Feelings a Name
- Rehearse them in advance.
- Apply three proven communication techniques (“Three Key Steps”)
- Use specific techniques for dealing with “difficult people”
Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- The importance of congruence
- Activity: Sending and reading nonverbal messages.
- Helpful Communication Styles
- Practice: Participants work in groups of three to use the Difficult Conversation Key Steps. Using the four styles that lead to supportive conversations and avoiding the four styles that make conversations difficult.
- Activity: Developing Communication Style Flexibility,
- Supportive Communication
- What it is and why it helps prevent difficult conversations
- How to do it
- Practice: Supportive Communication
- Summary/Action Plan
Inquire for costing.
Why choose Velocity Knowledge?
Customized training programs for every organization
Industry-proven instructors, consultants, and experts
Efficient learning methods for your unique business objectives
Contact this provider
Velocity Knowledge is an Enterprise Education Provider made up of qualified educational professionals who have survived the budget cuts, lived through the training wars, adjusted to industry changes, and learned what it is that customers are looking for. Velocity Knowledge...