This program is for professionals who need or desire to work with financial information but do not have formal educational background in finance or accounting. Understanding the intricacies of finance is often one of the biggest challenges facing managers, entrepreneurs and rising business professionals. The Certificate in Finance for Non-Finance Professionals and Managers aims to provide students with the hard and soft finance skills needed to effectively understand the numbers in order to speak the language of business.
Over sixteen informative sessions, students in the program will develop a broad understanding of the wide array of financial challenges that entrepreneurs, managers, and other professionals face in the day-to-day running of their business. Through a series of exercises and case studies, students will learn to understand, create and use financial data to lead and manage more efficiently. Students will also learn from a range of guest speakers drawn from a diverse range of local New Orleans organizations, gaining valuable insights from professional connections and contacts with local experts in a variety of fields in financial management.
The Certificate in Finance for Non-Finance Professionals and Managers offers a timely and affordable introduction to this critical area of management expertise, empowering you with the sharper financial decision-making skills to take on finance-related challenges in the workplace, and to make you a better and more valuable asset to your organization.
- Learn basic accounting principles and elements of financial and fiscal reporting
- How to construct and read financial statements, including analysis of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- How to use Excel spreadsheets to create accurate and effective financial forecasts and to strategically plan, benchmark, and stay on budget
- Learn different approaches to corporate finance strategies
- How to effectively price products and assess potential market opportunities
- How to effectively track costs in your business and keep them under control
- Understand how to use and implement accounting software
- How investors consider value, and how you can improve your organization’s value and the bottom line
- How to attract investment and funding and makes sure your organization is well poised for them
- How to use soft skills to better increase your chances of success.
Upcoming start dates
Contact School for Details
- Self-paced Online
Contact this provider
The University of New Orleans | A Commitment to New Orleans and Beyond.
Since its founding, UNO has been committed to diversity and inclusion. In 1958, the University of New Orleans opened its doors as the first fully integrated public university in the South. For nearly 60 years, we have not strayed from...