Delivering best practices and highly applicable team-building skills, the Accelerated Leadership Experience (ALX) is a five-week leadership program designed for managers to act as a catalyst for transformation. The result? Successful and fulfilled leaders. ALX includes both classroom and experiential activities and covers topics such as emotional intelligence, communication, coaching, feedback, wellness, stress management, energy management, team effectiveness, people development, diversity, and inclusion. With the support of ALX’s innovative leadership curriculum, experienced faculty, and a cohort of professionals who are at similar points in their careers, The Daniels College of Business will help you develop the tools and skills needed to succeed in increasingly complex roles.
Who should attend?
Ideal candidates are currently transitioning into a management role or are already managing. If taking the program for academic credit, unofficial transcripts of past college-level work are required. Please note that the registration deadline is three weeks prior to the program’s start date.
- Articulate and understand the role of a leader in an organization
- Increase self-awareness and one’s impact as a leader
- Incorporate new tools to develop high performing teams
- Recognize the value of inclusion in the workplace and how to create an inclusive culture
- Apply relevant management and leadership theories, styles, and strategies
- Effectively reframe and refocus challenging situations
- Expand communication skills specific to effective listening, building trust, addressing conflict and influence
- Accelerate the development of your team through effective feedback and coaching
- Create and articulate a personal philosophy of leadership
Course delivery details
The program has 2 format options: non-credit and credit
- The non-credit option is for participants who are not interested in receiving graduate-level credit and are participating for professional development and to update their skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- The credit-graduate-level option is for those interested in receiving graduate credits for their participation. In order to apply, you need to have completed your undergraduate degree and provide us with an unofficial transcript of that degree. These credits and your course grade will be on your official transcript.
Please be aware that there is a mandatory assignment and once the workshop begins you are no longer able to switch your status from for-credit to non-credit.
The program begins with a two-night, three-day retreat in the mountains of Colorado followed by four half-day morning sessions on consecutive Fridays taking place on the University of Denver campus or online.
The program has 2 format options: non-credit and credit.
The non-credit format costs $4,880 (USD), with a 15% discount available for DU Alumni, Daniels Corporate Partners, and 3 or more individuals from the same organization and a 20% discount available for Non-profits, Current or Former Military, Government.
The credit format program is equivalent to 4 credit hours, so according to DU’s tuition rate in 2020, the cost is $5,704 (USD).
Certification / Credits
Upon request, Executive Education is pleased to provide a Certificate of Completion for professional development credit for the program completed.
Contact this provider
Daniels College of Business | Inspired by Our Past & Focused on Your Future
Daniels College of Business is the eighth-oldest business school in the country and the most recognized college in the Rocky Mountain West. The College is ranked among the best of the world’s top business schools. We’re proud to be one of the...