Tableau Server AdministrationTrivera Technologies LLC
Tableau Server Administration
All available course dates
Tableau Server Administration
Tableau Server Administration is a two-day, fast paced hands-on course that provides in-depth coverage of Tableau Server administration. The knowledge and skills acquired are best geared toward those who will be administering a Tableau Server installation, including managing content, users, and permissions.
The Tableau Training Series is independent-format training that can be tuned and adjusted to best meet your needs. Our materials are flexible, comprehensive, and are always instructed by a senior instructor with a deep understanding of Tableau and its most current features, benefits and functionality in a wide array of uses. This is not Official Tableau Training.
Who should attend?
This is an introductory-level course for Users new to Tableau who will be administering a Tableau Server installation, including managing content, users, and permissions.
- Tableau Server Overview
- Tableau Product Line
- End-User Abilities
- Tableau Server Architecture
- Component Functions
- Server Diagrams
- Single Server Installation
- Technical Specifications
- Tableau Server Installation Checklist
- Configuration Options
- Resolutions for Common Installation Issues
- Installing Tableau Server Software
- User Experience
- Content Navigation, Searching, and Filtering
- Exploring Server Content Types and Objects
- Updating Account Settings
- Setting the Start Page
- Viewing Version Information
- Renaming a Project
- Adding a Workbook Description
- Authorization and Permissions
- Administrator Settings
- Authorization Overview
- Functional Security Model
- Site Roles
- Content Ownership and Permissions
- Permission Rules and Capabilities
- Permissions and the Default Project
- Creating Projects, Local Groups, and a Local User
- Importing Users and Adding Users to Groups
- Granting Permissions to Projects
- Creating a Project Leader
- Publishing and Changing Ownership of a Workbook
- Moving a Workbook
- Site Administration
- Data Sources, Extracts, Schedules, and Subscriptions
- Creating, Publishing, and Connecting to a Data Source
- Data Engine and File Store
- Creating and Publishing Extracts
- Enabling Subscriptions and Alerts
- Automating Server Tasks
- Automating and Programming Server Tasks
- Using the REST API
- Monitoring Server
- Viewing Server Status
- Admin Alerts
- Viewing Email Alerts and Admin Views
- Enabling Access to the Repository
- Custom Admin Views
- Licensing Information
- Performance Recording
- Upgrading Tableau Server
- Preparing to Upgrade
- Upgrading Software on the Same Machine
- Modifying the Authentication Method
- Importing AD Groups
- Log Files Administration
- Overview of Log Files
- Archiving Log Files
- Data Security
- Controlling What Users Can See
- User Filters
- Price: 1,495.00
- Discounted Price: 971.75
Why choose Trivera Technologies LLC?
Over 25 years of technology training expertise.
Robust portfolio of over 1,000 leading edge technology courses.
Guaranteed to run courses and flexible learning options.
About Trivera Technologies LLC
Trivera Technologies is a IT education services & courseware firm that offers a range of wide professional technical education services including: end to end IT training development and delivery, skills-based mentoring programs,new hire training and re-skilling services, courseware licensing and...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...