Electric Motors and Motor Control Circuits - Classroom TrainingTPC Training
Electric Motors and Motor Control Circuits - Classroom Training
All available course dates
Electric Motors and Motor Control Circuits
Available in both virtual and in-person, instructor-led formats, this Electric Motors and Motor Control Circuits course tackles the common problem of electric motor failure, with the goal of helping technicians identify the TRUE cause of motor failure and prevent future incidents. The course proceeds from a thorough overview of motor basics to replacement procedures and fundamental motor maintenance techniques. We then cover both basic and specialized motor control circuits. The course is designed to help students reduce downtime and expense caused by motor failure and increase the overall efficiency of their facility.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for maintenance engineers working with motor circuits.
Motor Selection, Maintenance, Testing & Replacement
- Motor Basics
- Motor Terminology
- Types of Motors and Their Suitable Applications
- Testing Equipment
- Field Troubleshooting Checklist
- Motor Selection
- Nameplate Data
- IEC Motor Ratings
- Energy Considerations
Procedures for Replacing a Motor
- Verifying Circuits Are De-Energized – Safely and Correctly!
- De-Terminating Motors
- Setting Replacement Motors
- Shaft Coupling/Alignment Options
- Electrical Checks
- Sizing Line Conductors
- Using Nameplate Data for Proper Connections
- Selecting the Best Method of Motor Termination
- Lugs and Insulation Tapes for Termination
- Termination Kits
- Methods of Verifying Proper Phase Rotation
- Lubrication Requirements
- Sizing Fuses and Overloads
- Final Checks Prior to Re-Energizing Motor
- Electrical, Visual and Mechanical Checks for Startup Testing
- Testing Motor Windings
- Megohmmeter Testing of Motors
- Modern, State-of-the-Art Predictive Maintenance Testing for Motors
- Bearings and Lubrication
- Motor Storage
- Replacing Motor Fuses Safely and Correctly
- Determining Voltage and Current Imbalance and Its Effects
- Recommended Maintenance Practices of NFPA 70B
- Sizing and Adjusting Overloads per the NEC®
- Common Motor Problems and How to Find Them
- Fixes for Common Motor Problems
Working with Control Circuits
- Fundamentals of Control Circuits
- Types of Motor Control
- Symbols for Control
- Learn to Read Motor Control Schematic and Ladder Diagrams
- In-Depth Class Exercises with Real-World Motor Control Diagrams
- Learn the Basics of PLC Ladder Logic
- Developing a Logical, Systematic Approach to Troubleshooting Controls
- Typical Control Circuit Problems and How to Find and Fix Them
Motor Drives and Special Control Circuit Applications
- Energy Management and Motor Drives
- AC and DC Drives Overview
- Motors for Variable Speed Drives
- Variable Speed Drive Applications
- HVAC Applications
- Servo Motors and Drives for Manufacturing
- Review Operation of Modern Automation Control Such as Conveyor Drives
Course delivery details
Live instruction is not always possible due to space, travel, or health and safety constraints. In such circumstances, virtual motor control circuit training delivers all the concepts and processes taught in live classrooms. Employees receive face-to-face live virtual training from instructors with years of teaching and practical experience. Virtual classroom interaction, training exercises, and group discussions support instructor-delivered knowledge. At the same time, pop quizzes gauge each concept's understanding before moving on to the next portion of the class.
The cost of this Electric Motors and Motor Control Circuits training course is $1,195.
Upon completion of this seminar, the student will receive a certification of completion with 8 classroom hours (.8 TPC Training CEUs) per day attended
About TPC Training
TPC Training - The leader in live, instructor led maintenance training
TPC Training is the leader in maintenance, repair, and operator training, with complete solutions for a 21st century workforce to acquire, apply, and adapt essential technical and safety skills. With 2000+ classes annually, including 100+ cities, on-site at customer facilities, and online anywhere,...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team