Arc Flash Electrical Safety NFPA 70E® Virtual Instructor-led Training with Skills & Certification - Day 3 Only - On-site Training
This Arc Flash Electrical Safety NFPA® 70E training course aims to provide students with a foundation of safety knowledge while working on or around electrically energized equipment. Overall, this course has been designed to reduce liability concerns for the employer while establishing a culture of safe work practices among employees.
This course can also be adopted as part of a company’s regular Qualified Electrical Worker program.
Would you like to take this class from home or your worksite? TPC Training offers this course as a Virtual Instructor-Led. A Virtual Instructor-Led is a course format that allows you to interact with a live instructor.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
This training course is aimed at those seeking to fulfill the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910, Subpart S Electrical and NFPA 70E® “Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace”. Further, this course is suitable for any worker who spends time near electrically energized equipment.
The content of this training course is structured as follows:
- Electrical Safety & the Qualified Electrical Worker
- Background, Responsibilities & Requirements
- Safety Standard Types: NFPA 70E® & Others
- OSHA Electrical Safety Regulations Overview
- Understanding Definitions
- Electrical Hazards
- Power of Electricity
- Shock, Arc-Flash & Arc-blast
- How to Identify Electrical Hazards
- Damage to People and Equipment
- Dangers of Static Electricity
- Accident Prevention
- Emergency Response
- Safety Related Work Practices
- Work Related Definitions
- General Requirements
- Establishing Safe Work Conditions
- Electrical Lockout / Tagout
- Working On or Near Energized Parts
- Determining Proper Approach Distances
- Securing Energized Work Permits
- Understanding an Arc Flash Analysis
- Reading Arc Flash One Line Diagrams
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safety Related Maintenance Requirements
- Understanding General Requirements
- Common Electrical Equipment
- Premises Wiring
- Controller Equipment
- Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Rotating Equipment
- Hazardous (Classified) Locations
- Batteries & Battery Rooms
- Portable Electrical Tools & Equipment (PPR)
- Requirements for Special Equipment
- Electrolytic Cells
- Batteries & Battery Rooms
- Power Electronic Equipment
- Electrical Safety Program
- Planning an Electrical Safety Program
- Complying with NFPA 70E®
- Interpreting Arc Flash Analysis Reports
- Determining your PPE Requirements
- Documentation of Records
Contact this provider
TPC is a leader in industrial training and workforce management solutions. Our offerings include a best-in-class learning management system (LMS), instructor-led training courses (virtual or in-person), over 1000 digital course hours, simulation-based training, cloud-based workforce management solutions, consulting services, and safety training.
Our instructors lead over 2000 class sessions annually in select U.S. cities, virtually, and at customers' facilities. Gain, refresh, and advance essential maintenance skills quickly and apply them in the workplace immediately after returning to work. TPC helps companies train...