Common Sense LeadershipThe Daedalus Group
Common Sense Leadership
All available course dates
Common Sense Leadership
Supervisors and managers are often faced with the challenge of leading a team with little or no training in leadership fundamentals and little understanding of their true role as a team leader.
Commonly, training for new managers often concentrates on management skills neglecting those leadership fundamentals that make managers more successful as leaders. Often, leaders have received little or no training in effective techniques for leading their teams and as a result have little understanding of their role as a team leader. To add to the difficulty, teams may sometimes include members who are not direct reports. That's why we offer Common Sense Leadership.
Common Sense Leadership is a 2-day workshop that provides tools and leadership fundamentals to help supervisors and managers become more effective leaders. Attendees go beyond management skills to learn the basics of great leadership. They learn more about themselves, how they approach interpersonal relationships, and how they can make relationships less stressful and more productive. A module on accountability explains the difference between leadership responsibility and accountability and how to best leverage their accountability to improve the team. By the end of the workshop, each participant will have a complete draft of a Personal Leadership Philosophy or PLP. The PLP is a document that helps them define how they will apply the leadership skills they have learned to their own unique situation. This tool helps leaders gain better self-awareness while also providing a way to articulate their leadership approach.
The workshop is designed to meet the needs of team leaders and is presented by instructors with extensive leadership experience who use guided discussion to ensure the material presented is applicable to each participant.
- Use the MyHardWired™ Leadership Styles Assessment to discover their needs and expectations.
- Identify basic leadership fundamentals and apply them to their own situation.
- Analyze their personality and how they interact with the personalities of others.
- Discover and appraise their values structure and apply values-based leadership.
- Formulate a purpose for their team and apply purpose-driven leadership.
- Study a model that will help them create a motivational environment for their team.
- Develop and design the building blocks for their Personal Leadership Philosophy and apply people-centric leadership.
Course participants should complete the MyHardWired™ Leadership Styles Assessment prior to the course start.
Upon completion of this course, PMPs may claim 14 PDUs from the Project Management
Who should attend?
Do you find yourself in a position where you are responsible for what a team does but you have not been given the skills to actually lead the team? If so Common Sense Leadership is for you.
This course is designed for supervisors and managers who want to learn leadership fundamentals to move from just management skills to real team leadership. It is recommended for anyone who leads a team and is responsible for what other people do.
Leadership Management and You - Fundamental Characteristics of Successful Leaders
- Leadership Management and You
- What is Leadership?
- The Truth About Leadership vs Management
- Establishing and Maintaining Trust
- Fundamental Characteristics of Successful Leaders - The Daedalus Leadership Model
- The Daedalus Leadership Model - Values, Purpose, People
- Creating a Motivational Environment
The My HardWired Leadership Styles Assessment
- Your MyHardWired™ Workbook
- Introduction to Your MyHardWired™ Profile
- What the Colors Mean
- Your Instinctive Needs
- Your Expectations
- Your Preferred Style
- Strengths and Blindsides
Building Great Teams
- Stages of Team Development
- Leader's Actions When the Dynamic Changes
- Using MyHardWired™ in Team Building
- Adjourning the Team
- Managing Change and Conflict
- Managing Change
- What Can I Do About Conflict
Fundamental Leadership Skills for Supervisors and Managers
- Getting Your Message Across
- Communication - Some Basics
- Success with Virtual and Geographically Separated Teams
- Non-Verbal Communication
- MyHardWired™ and Communication
- Your Communication Policy
Your Accountability as a Leader
- Responsibility and Accountability. Where You Stand as a Leader
- Complications to Accountability
- You, the Team, and Expectations
What's a Personal Leadership Philosophy and Why do I Need One?
- Your Personal Leadership Philosophy
- How to write a Personal Leadership Philosophy
- The PLP Concept and its Benefits
Course delivery details
Commons Sense Leadership is a value-packed leadership development course. It is the roadmap for developing more effective leaders. When leaders have completed the course, they will have a better grasp of leadership fundamentals and:
- The complete Common Sense Leadership workbook
- Our popular MyHardWired™ Leadership Styles Assessment
- Your own Personal Leadership Philosophy - one of the most lauded take-aways of our programs
- Questions, exercises, and scenarios to help them apply leadership skills to their own situation
- Opportunity for individual coaching with the course instructor
- A set of leadership fundamentals and team building skills that will make you a more successful leader
$1650 USD per participant up to 10 participants
Reduced rate for more than 10 participants
10% savings if your company provides the venue.
Upon completion of this course, PMPs may claim 14 PDUs from the Project Management Institute.
Why choose The Daedalus Group?
Course instructors have extensive military, corporate, and non-profit experience
Satisfied course attendees from small companies to the Fortune 500 would recommend to a friend
Course participants love our simplified approach to leadership development with practical application
About The Daedalus Group
The Daedalus Group
Have you ever asked yourself "Why do they…?" or "How did that happen?" or "Why can't we be better at…?" Do you experience High Turnover? Negative Conflict? Poor Communication? Low Productivity? Low trust and morale? Lack of Accountability? No Clear...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 13 reviews.
The course content was interesting and I would recommend this training to a friend.
It was extremely helpful and informative. The course was well paced and the instructor was knowledgeable and personable.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
The Leadership Philosophy helps provide focus to the type of leader I want to be