SECOPS - Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS)
This course allows learners to understand how a Security Operations Center (SOC) functions and the introductory-level skills and knowledge needed in this environment. It focuses on the introductory-level skills needed for a SOC Analyst at the associate level. Specifically, understanding basic threat analysis, event correlation, identifying malicious activity, and how to use a playbook for incident response.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
- Security Operations Center Security Analyst
- Computer Network Defense Analyst Computer Network Defense Infrastructure Support personnel
- Future Incident Responders and Security Operations Center (SOC) personnel
- Students beginning a career and entering the cybersecurity field
- IT personnel looking to learn more about the area of cybersecurity operations
- Cisco Channel Partners
Module 1: SOC Overview
- Lesson 1: Defining the Security Operations Center
- Lesson 2: Understanding NSM Tools and Data
- Lesson 3: Understanding Incident Analysis in a Threat-Centric SOC
- Lesson 4: Identifying Resources for Hunting Cyber Threats
Module 2: Security Incident Investigations
- Lesson 1: Understanding Event Correlation and Normalization
- Lesson 2: Identifying Common Attack Vectors
- Lesson 3: Identifying Malicious Activity
- Lesson 4: Identifying Patterns of Suspicious Behavior
- Lesson 5: Conducting Security Incident Investigations
Module 3: SOC Operations
- Lesson 1: Describing the SOC Playbook
- Lesson 2: Understanding the SOC Metrics
- Lesson 3: Understanding the SOC WMS and Automation
- Lesson 4: Describing the Incident Response Plan
- Lesson 5: Appendix A Describing the Computer Security Incident Response Team
- Lesson 6: Appendix B Understanding the use of VERIS
- Guided Lab 1: Explore Network Security Monitoring Tools
- Discovery 1: Investigate Hacker Methodology
- Discovery 2: Hunt Malicious Traffic
- Discovery 3: Correlate Event Logs, PCAPs, and Alerts of an Attack
- Discovery 4: Investigate Browser-Based Attacks
- Discovery 5: Analyze Suspicious DNS Activity
- Discovery 6: Investigate Suspicious Activity Using Security Onion
- Discovery 7: Investigate Advanced Persistent Threats
- Discovery 8: Explore SOC Playbooks
Why choose SLI?
Over 50 training locations across North America
All dates are guaranteed-to-run
Sunset Learning Institute
Sunset Learning Institute is an authorized training center, helping our customers optimize their technology investments by providing convenient, high quality technical training that they can rely on. We empower students to master their desired technologies for their unique environments. What...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...