Business Innovation: Testing Business Ideas
Learn the methods to reduce the risk of new business ideas, and increase the likelihood of success for any new venture or business project.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
Who should attend?
Understand the future viability of your business idea. Use your time efficiently to engage in the right experiments. Communicate your ideas clearly through evidence to turn your side hustle into a business.
Clarify the testing process. Build your innovation practice. Communicate evidence and progress to stakeholders. Find the right experiment for the next big risk.
Identify the biggest risks to your business. Reduce risk by generating concrete evidence. Communicate evidence and align with co-founders or other stakeholders. Place small bets to grow your business on the right path to scale.
Day 1: Testing Products & Services
- Design a product or service that addresses the customer’s jobs, pains and gains, using the Value Proposition Canvas
- Identify Desirability hypotheses underlying your idea
- Prioritize what hypothesis you will test first
- Design a Desirability experiment to test your most important hypothesis
- Learn how to make experiments stronger
- Build the artefact to run your experiment
- Get out of the building and test your hypothesis with real people
- Come back and share your learnings
- Use affinity mapping to sort your evidence and identify themes
- Decide which experiment to run next
Day 2: Testing a Business Model
- Identify and prioritize your business idea’s underlying Feasibility and Viability hypotheses
- Create a low-fi prototype to test your business idea
- Experience a live prototyping session for a selection of Feasibility and Viability experiments
- Simple Process - TAM-1
Day 2: Managing the Process
- Team design, behavior and environment
- Experiment ceremonies
- Experiment sequences for B2B, B2C and B2B2C
- Principles of experiment flow
- Track your progress with the Innovation Project Scorecard
Contact the provider for more information on pricing.
Certification / Credits
What You’ll Get
You’ll acquire the tools and processes needed to reduce the risk & uncertainty of new ideas:
- Reduce the risk of costly failure through a systematic testing process
- Make testing a repeatable process in your organization: team design, stakeholder communication, experiment flow, and measuring progress
- Identify the right experiment for your riskiest hypotheses from a library of Desirability, Viability and Feasibility experiments
- How to start with small bets and increase spending on your journey from discovery to validated business idea
- Design experiments that produce the market feedback you need to learn whether your idea works or not
Contact this provider
Strategyzer helps companies all over the world uncover their teams’ entrepreneurial potential with our globally-trusted methodology and engaging platform. We help build Invincible Companies by helping you: Shift mindsets. Train your leadership and teams in proven methods from our network...