Data Science Prep Course
Need more prep for our Data Science Career Track? You've come to the right place. In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks learning foundational skills in Python programming and statistics, as well as introductory data science concepts—all via a curriculum specifically designed to help you pass the Data Science Career Track admissions technical skills survey.
Who should attend?
This course is for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming or core data science concepts. No prior coding experience is required, but to be successful, we recommend that students are already proficient in high-school level mathematics and are eager to learn more advanced concepts where necessary.
Unit 1 - Introduction to Data Science & Python
- Introduction to Python
- Statistics refresher
- Data visualization
Unit 2 - Intermediate Python for Data Science
- Dictionaries and their applications
- Advanced control flow techniques
- Input and output
Unit 3 - Foundations of Probability
- Counting and probability
- Conditional probability and independence
- Bayes Theorem
Unit 4 - Computer Science Primer
- Basics of data structures
- Fundamentals of algorithm analysis
- Basic algorithms: sort and search
Unit 5 - Exploring Data
- Assemble your Python toolkit
- Data wrangling with Pandas
- Data visualization with matplotlib
Unit 6 - Python Case Study
- Acquire, clean, and transform data
- Explore data, identify patterns
- Solve a realistic business problem for Yelp
Certification / Credits
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Use Python to complete real-world coding exercises and begin your data science journey
- Confidently tackle our Data Science Career Track technical skills survey
- Determine whether the Data Science Career Track is right for you by trialing our unique Springboard learning experience
Springboard is an ed-tech company based in San Francisco. We’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap by helping as many people as possible access high-quality, affordable education that they can translate into new-economy roles. We offer online...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team