The Technology of Online Learning
The technology of online learning is constantly evolving. Not only is the technology of content presentation becoming more complex, but the delivery, integration, grade syncing, and expanding learning management system markets all add the puzzle. As a developer of online courses, this course seeks to give you the vocabulary and tools you need to ask the right questions and understand the fundamental concepts of technology in online learning. It reviews the key software and hardware options available, and it covers best practices in using technology.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Discuss the significance of technology in enabling online learning
- Define basic information technology (IT) terms and concepts as they apply to creating, delivering, and hosting online learning
- Explain how a learning management system (LMS) functions and how it enables online learning
- Outline the key issues (bandwidth, browser and plug-in compatibility, etc.) involved in delivering online learning over the Internet
- Discuss the use of video in online learning
- Explore the key technology issues in developing and delivering online learning to mobile devices (m-learning)
- Explain the methods used for integrating online learning into learning platforms, including SCORM, LTI, and Tin Can API
- Describe the common IT challenges involved in online learning
- Outline key questions about technology and online learning that organizations should ask
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 0.5 CEUs / 5 HRCIs / 5 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...