Frontline Manager™: Better Communication
Almost everything that happens in the workplace requires some form of communication. Frontline managers have to communicate with the workers they supervise, with their colleagues in management, and with their bosses in the executive suite. Being able to communicate clearly and effectively is a vital skill for any frontline manager. This course provides a brief introduction to communication theory, but the main emphasis is on practical approaches to communicating in the workplace. Topics include verbal and nonverbal communication; how to develop a clear message; how to tailor your message to suit your purpose; how to communicate down, to the workers who report directly to you; and how to communicate up, to your bosses in senior management.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Define "communication," and explain why effective communication is important in the workplace
- Distinguish between push communications and pull communications, and explain the different elements of a communications model
- List the major characteristics of effective communication and describe how to use them
- Formulate a clear primary message and develop appropriate secondary messages to support it
- Distinguish between "communicating up" and "communicating down," and demonstrate your ability to do each effectively
- Practice active listening
- Run a meeting effectively
- Identify and eliminate jargon from your work communications
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 0.2 CEUs / 2 HRCIs / 2 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...