Interpersonal Communication Skills
This training course will help you develop the skills you need to focus on your purpose, profile your audience and develop your message with clarity for an ideal impact and outcome. The ability to create an environment for open discussion and ongoing dialogue is crucial for communication success. The communication skills covered in this training course will help increase your ability to become better at active listening, receiving and giving effective feedback, dealing with different and diverse cultures, and managing conflicts in order to improve quality of relationships and productivity.
This course relies on self-analysis questionnaires so participants can find out and apply their preferred method of communicating with others. Moreover, case studies, round table discussions as well as role plays will be used to make sure the contents of the course are clear and ready for implementation.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
This course is useful for any level of employees, supervisors, managers and others seeking to improve their communication skills both on and off the job.
- Introduction to communication
- Communication levels and definitions
- Communication functions
- The 4 principles of interpersonal communication
- Elements of the communication process
- Communication delivery aspects
- Non verbal communication
- Building rapport
- Where can miscommunication occur?
- Barriers to effective communication
- Overcoming communication barriers
- The communication funnel
Communication across cultures
- Improving cross-cultural communication: guidelines
- DiSC' personal development profile
- Stages of team development
- The arts of persuasion
- Areas of growing your sphere of influence
- Communicating within multi-cultural teams
- Stages of team growth
- Universal laws of persuasion: process
- Hearing versus listening
- Active versus passive listening
- Tips to improve active listening skills
- 3 aspects of active listening
- Active listening skills inventory
- Using different questioning techniques
- Closed and open questions
- Probing types questions
- Pitfalls of leading questions
Communication behavior and conflict management
- Assertive, passive and aggressive behaviors
- Verbal and non-verbal components of communication behaviors
- Conflict management
- Types of conflicts
- Sources of conflicts
- Conflict management styles
- Essential conflict management skills
- Learning to say no'
- Guidelines for applying no'
- Constructive feedback and criticism
- The value of feedback
- Positive versus negative feedback
- Giving constructive criticism
- Receiving criticism
Certification / Credits
- Apply the skills necessary for communicating in an effective manner
- Demonstrate their ability to communicate across cultures
- Employ techniques for listening actively and empathically
- Manage interpersonal conflict
- Handle feedback and criticism constructively
Why choose Convertas?
Founded in 2006
12 Specialized trainers
100% of happy clients
Contact this provider
Convertas Management Consultants
CONVERTAS offers a series of specialized training services across all areas of business, helping employees develop and increase their skills. Our highly qualified trainers through our specifically designed courses and workshops, as well as our innovative training methodology, will provide...