Scope and Requirements Development - In House
This online course introduces participants to the tools and techniques necessary to develop well-understood project requirements. Participants are introduced to Displayed Thinking, use-cases, requirements interviews, requirements meetings, requirements documentation, and many other topics critical to the success of a complex project.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is best suited for experienced professionals interested in enhancing their management skills.
Although not required, it is recommended that participants be working towards, or already have, their PMP certification before taking this course.
Effective Listening Skills for Requirements Definition
- Listening vs. Hearing
- Communication Realities
- Listening Approaches
- The Function of Listening
- Who is a Stakeholder?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM)
- The RACI Matrix
- Steps in Stakeholder Management
- Stakeholder Prioritization
- The Product vs. Project Scope
- The IIBA BOK Process Model
- Enterprise Analysis
- Requirements Planning & Management
- Requirements Elicitation
- Requirements Analysis
- Requirements Communication
- Solution Assessment & Validation
- Project Boundaries
- The PMI Scope Management Framework
- Real World Best Practice
- The LGd Process
- Project Sponsor Issues Charter
- Charter Environmental Factors to Consider
- The Project Data Sheet (PDS)
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Gold Plating
- Scope Creep
Creating Effective Work Breakdown Structures
- Scope Definition
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- Managing Change
- Introduction to Displayed Thinking
- What is a Requirement?
- IIBA BOK Requirements
- Functional vs. Non-Functional
- What Makes A Good Requirement?
- Business Requirements vs. System Requirement
- Key Requirement Tests
- The Problem Pyramid
- Why Create Use Cases?
- The WBS and Use Cases
- The Basic Use Case Process
- Keys to Effective Use Cases
- Detailed Use Case
- Use Case Checklist
- Methodologies, Frameworks and Processes
- Methodology Drivers
- The Volere Process
- The Basic RUP Process
- SCRUM Basics
- Standard Testing Activities
- Requirements Based Testing (RBT)
- Ambiguity Review
- Types of Testing
- Test Cases
The Software Requirements Specification (SRS)
- The SRS Defined
- SRS Goals
- The SRS Components
- 10 Quality Characteristics of an SRS
- Quality Measures Related to Individual SRS
Business Domain Modeling
- BDM Defined
- BDM Roles - The Business Process Analyst
- BDM Roles - The Business Model Reviewer
- BDM Roles - The Software Architect
- BDM Artifacts
- BDM Model
- Why is a Domain Model Needed?
Other Advanced Tools
- The Spectrum Diagram
- Activity Diagram
- Block/Swimlane Workflow Diagram
- Business Process Diagram (BPD)
- Cause & Effect Diagram
- Decision Tree Analysis
- Advanced Decision Tree
- Class Diagrams
- Data Flow Diagrams (DFD)
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...