Effectively Starting a Project Team - In House
Great managers build great teams. Great teams are the key to successful projects. This interactive program looks at the elements needed to build a great team and what is needed to get a project off the ground while setting up for success.
Everyone is different, leveraging those differences can create a huge competitive advantage when putting together a team. Using the DiSC® personality profile, participants will gain a greater understanding of people’s goals and fears. Participants will learn how to adjust their management style to adapt their management style to the employee's style and needs of the situation. This course is designed to help managers recognize the employee's needs and remove barriers to performance.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is intended for all members of a team, including team leader.
Complete DiSC® on-line.
- Identify the typical key roles needed in a project
- Define the stages of team development
- Discover four styles of behaviour and explore the general preferences of your style
- Learn how to recognize the styles of other people
- Learn how to address goals and fears to gain commitment
- Develop an action plan to assist team development
Certification / Credits
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify key roles in a project and how best to fill those roles
- Read the DiSC ® style and developmental needs of different employees
- Understand the goals and fears of their employees
- Adapt their management approach to match theability level and motivation of their employees
- Define the 4 stages of team development
- Create strategies to help the team move forward in their development
- Learn how to adapt your managerial skills
- Understand how goals and fears affect commitment
- Create an action plan to better develop/enhance your team’s performance
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...