Creating High Performance Teams - In House
Prepare to meet the challenges of 21st century by creating high performance teams in a global economy. Virtual teams are now a reality in the workplace and an effective virtual team worker will be a valued asset. Today, many project managers must be able to lead virtual teams with confidence.
When high performance requires multiple skills and experiences, nothing is more vital than a project team empowered to succeed. Virtual teams and multi generational workforce are now a reality and project managers in present global economy must appreciate the additional risks and challenges in managing a virtual team and a mix of multi generational team members. Understanding and applying appropriate team dynamics will give you the flexibility and speed you need to create high performing team to withstand tough global competition.
Real teamwork and effective communications are vital for creating high performance teams. High team performance is a by-product of effective team leadership. In this seminar, you will learn the process of effective team building, developing quality-driven project teams and practice the art of leading virtual teams. You will evaluate the effectiveness of your project teams and discover practical tips to refine your team building and team leadership skills to maintain and inspire high team performance throughout the project life cycle in a global economy.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This seminar is for Project Managers, Portfolio and Program Managers, Project Team Members, and Technical Personnel (at all experience levels) who want to build effective project teams and achieve human synergy. It is especially recommended for those who are facing the challenges of developing high performance teams in a global environment.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Team Dynamics and Effectiveness: Team context and goals, team composition and roles of team members; four stages of team development, major team issues such as team norms and team cohesiveness, and challenges of managing multi generational workforce and virtual teams.
- Team Building: Benefits of team building, effective team characteristics, drivers and barriers to effective team building especially in a virtual/distant team environment, constructive and destructive team roles, and building team commitment.
- Organizing the Project Team: Setting clear directions (vision, goals and milestones); selecting the team members and gaining their commitment; and creating the teamwork in a virtual environment.
- Inspiring High Team Performance: Coordinating team efforts; developing an effective team communication plan; using power and authority appropriately; and developing trust and motivation within the project team to achieve high performance in today’s global economy.
Certification / Credits
Using small-group activities, skill practices, case studies, lectures, diagnostic questionnaires, and group discussions, participants will gain practical skills to:
- Recognize the stages of project team development and enhance the process of team building.
- Evaluate and influence team dynamics and team effectiveness.
- Organize project teams for success by developing effective team communications.
- Identify drivers and barriers to effective team building and develop appropriate solutions.
- Recognize and capitalize on cultural diversity to manage international projects.
- Develop appropriate team leadership styles and strategies for global projects.
- Develop skills to manage virtual teams in a global project environment.
- Develop and create high performance teams by optimizing human synergy in a global economy.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...