On-Demand In-Depth Seminar: Today's U.S. Electric Power Industry, ISO Markets, Renewable Energy and Heat Rate/Tolling Transactions
If you want to truly understand the U.S. electric power industry, this course is for you.
This in-depth seminar provides a comprehensive and clear explanation of the structure, function, and acronyms of today's U. S. electric power industry; ISO markets; the many industry topics listed below; and how PPAs, tolling, and heat rate power transactions are done.
Each part of this complex industry is explained piece-by-piece, and then the pieces are integrated so that you will finally understand of “how it all fits together.”
This proven online training program features the same material used in the popular PGS in-person classroom seminar. Register today and join the over 10,000 industry professionals who trust PGS for their energy training needs.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This training program will benefit a wide variety of organizations in the electric power, financial and energy industries. Among those who will benefit from this seminar include energy and electric power executives; attorneys; consultants, accountants & auditors, asset developers, engineers, economists, corporate planners, entrepreneurs, government regulators; rate engineers, traders & trading support staff; marketing, sales, purchasing & risk management personnel, and plant operators.
Types of companies that typically attend this program include electric utilities; banks & financial houses; asset developers, renewable energy firms, ISO staff, industrial companies; consulting & law firms; accounting firms, municipal utilities; government regulators and electric generators.
Prerequisites and Advance Preparation
This online training program has no prerequisites. No advance preparation is required.
- Session 1: Introduction to the U.S. Electric Service System
- Session 2: Fundamentals of the U.S. Electric Power Industry
- Session 3: Day Ahead Energy Auctions, LMP, and ISO Virtual Power Transactions
- Session 4.1: Fundamentals of Renewable Energy, Demand Response, and Distributed Energy Resources - Part 1
- Session 4.2: Fundamentals of Renewable Energy, Demand Response, and Distributed Energy Resources - Part 2
- Session 5: Introduction to Heat Rates, Spark Spreads, Tolling Deals, PPAs, and Heat Rate Linked Power Transactions
Course delivery details
Get the best of both worlds with this blended learning approach.
- Learn at your own pace and on your own schedule as you first enjoy the on-demand seminar presentation. Speed up, slow down, or repeat sections of the presentation. It’s your choice.
- After you complete the presentation join us for one of our regularly scheduled live online Q&A sessions. A calendar of live Q&A dates and times is provided in the program access instructions you will receive You can also email your questions directly to the instructor.
Contact this provider
PGS Energy Training
PGS Energy Training (PGS) is a leading provider of quality seminars for the electric power and energy industries. Established in 1990, PGS offers on-site training programs, open-registration classroom seminars, live online seminars, and private education sessions for senior executives....