Well Performance Management
Performance improvement illustrates several process, organization, and leadership approaches and tools utilized to make drilling more effective and efficient. Activities are identified in both the planning phase and the operational phase. Opportunities are targeted that focus on making individual tasks safer, more efficient, and more consistent and, where appropriate, on moving tasks off the critical path of the rig to shorten well delivery time. Critical leadership and team skills are reviewed to reinforce desired behaviors and establish working culture. Finally, non-productive time mechanisms, including stuck pipe prevention, are addressed in detail with case studies.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Operator and service company technical staff including drilling engineers and operations supervisory personnel
Participants will learn how to:
- Explain the concepts and benefits of a performance improvement process for drilling
- Explain what an AFE is, and its components
- Explain the purpose of After-action reviews and why they are relevant to future operations
- Recognize the importance of governmental approvals and permits as required by the drilling business
- Recognize the importance of safety management plans in the drilling environment
- Explain what comprises an "oil spill" and the importance of having a spill remediation plan
- Recognize the critical role of waste management at the well site
- Recognize why safety is everyone's responsibility at the wellsite
- Describe what constitutes Job Safety Analysis
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...